This is a group I highly recommend that is starting in November:
For every mom who has ever been overwhelmed by their child’s fears, for every mom who feels isolated and unsure of how to deal with the extreme emotions their child displays regularly, for every mom who could use a little guidance in helping their child move through their anxiety – this group is for you.
Join Millie Tanner, LPC and Allison Cooper, LPC for 3 group sessions to discuss healthy ways to navigate anxiety and all the challenges of parenting a child with anxiety. Beginning November 1st we will equip you to with insight and practical steps to guide your child through the stress in their world.
Topics we will cover include:
- Learning how to explain anxiety to your child
- Common red flags to look for with your child
- Effective ways to parent an anxious child
- How to best discipline a child who is anxious
- Guidelines for determining what is manipulation and what is anxiety
- Specialized coping skills you and your child can use together
Cost is $50 per session and seating is limited. You can call to register at 903-561-8955.